star Highlights star
AAD Highlights 2019
Check the daily summaries of the 77th AAD Congress. In each video you will be able to find, with the help of recognized experts,
the most relevant scientific advances presented in the congress, according to the area of interest.
Dra. Águeda Pulpillo Ruiz
- Agueda Pulpillo Ruiz
- Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery from the Complutense University of Madrid. Title of Medical Specialist in Dermatology Surgical medicine and Venereology by the Complutense University of Madrid. Degree in Medicine and Surgery from the University of Seville.
- Associate Professor of Medical Surgical Dermatology and Venereology. Facultative Specialist Area of the Virgen Del Rocío University Hospital, Seville. Honorary Collaborator, in the area of Dermatology, Internal Medicine service of the Hospital Nuestra Señora de la Candelaria and Associate Professor of the Department of Internal Medicine, Dermatology area.
- Collaborates as a speaker in Doctorate Courses.
- Participation in more than 30 articles in national and international journals. Participation in 7 book chapters. 20 presentations in courses, meetings and national and international conferences. 2 communications to International Congresses as first author. 7 communications to National Congresses as first author. Lines of work: Systemic and autoimmune diseases, Graft versus Host Disease, Solid Organ Transplant.
Dra. Mª Elena de las Heras
- Elena de las Heras
- Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery in University of Alicante (1985-1991).
- Deputy doctor of the Dermatology Service of the Hospital Universitario Ramón y Cajal of Madrid since June 2006. Responsible for the Digital Dermatoscopy and Conectivopathies Unit. Responsible for Patients´ Safety in the Service. Associate Professor in Dermatology of the University of Alcalá de Henares since 2013. Private practice in Madrid since 1997 (Dra. Elena de las Heras Clinic and Cinca Institute).
- Member of the AEDV and EADV, and of their groups: GECIDOC, GEDEI, GEDET y GEDEAS.Member of the Editorial Committee of the "Actas Dermosifilográficas" since March 2018.
- Doctor of Medicine and Surgery "apto cum laude" by the University of Alcalá. Madrid, 4th of June of 1996: "Factores pronósticos de los melanomas". Specialist in Dermatology (MIR in Hospital Ramón y Cajal from 1992 to 1995).
- Second National Award in University Studies 1991.
Dr. Rafael Botella
- Rafael Botella
- Tenured professor in Dermatology in the Medicine Faculty of the University of Valencia.
- Director of the Skin Deseases and Plastic Surgery´s Clinical Area.
- Head of Dermatology Service in the La Fe University Hospital of Valencia.
- Research scholarship (Dermatology Foundation) in the Oregon Health Sciences University of Portland, Oregon, since 1994 until 1995
- Short term stays in other foreign centres: Western Infirmary of Glagow, Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center of New York, Dermatopathology Friedrichshafen in Germany
- Other titles: Diploma in Dermopathology (granted by the International Dermatology Committee and the Special Doctors´ European Union) Master in Administration and Management of Health Services (Pompeu Fabra University).
- Main investigator and co-investigator of 9 competitive research projects funded by international and regional public entities.
- Author of 25 chapters in books and over 200 scientific articles in international and national journals.
Dra. María Antonia Pastor
- María Antonia Pastor
- Bachelor of Medicine from the Autonomous University of Madrid (UAM).
- Specialist in Dermatology. Jiménez Díaz Foundation (FJD). Madrid.
- Assistant Medical Specialist in the Dermatology Service of the University Hospital of Guadalajara. Responsible for the area of Contact Dermatitis.
- Associate Professor in Health Sciences in the Department of Medicine and Medical Specialties (Dermatology Area) of the Faculty of Medicine of the University of Alcalá de Henares (UAH).
- Member of the Spanish Academy of Dermatology (AEDV). Member of the Spanish Group of Contact Dermatitis and Skin Allergy (GEIDAC). Member of the European Society of Contact Dermatitis (ESCD). Member of the Spanish Dermatopathology Group (AEDV). Member of the International Dermoscopy Society (IDS).
- Author of more than 70 articles and chapters of Dermatology books.
- Research studies focused on the field of Contact Dermatitis.
Dr. David Moreno Ramírez
- David Moreno Ramírez
- He is the present Chair of the Medical-Surgical Dermatology and Venereology Unit at the Hospital Universitario Virgen Macarena (Seville-Spain).
- The main clinical and research topics since his dermatology certification in 2003 have been the application of communication technologies to dermatologic care delivery, oncologic surgery of malignant melanoma, dermoscopy, epidemiology of skin cancer, and psoriasis.
- Telemedicine projects conducted have been supported by oficial competitive grants and public-health care institutional programs. These projects have given rise to an outstanding scientific output, and even the intellectual property registry has been achieved for some of the technologies developed.
- In the field of melanoma Dr. Moreno-Ramírez heads a referential unit on the medical-&-surgical treatment of advanced malignant melanoma (primary tumor surgery, lymph nodes management, electrochemotherapy, systemic immunotherapy, etc.), and non-melanoma skin cancer surgery. He has also coordinated studies on epidemiology of malignant melanoma and non-melanoma skin cancer.
- The interest in public health and health management led him to be appointed as Medical Director and Deputy Managing Director of the Hospital Universitario Virgen Macarena between 2011-2015.
- He is current President of the International Society of Teledermatology, and board member of the European Association of Dermato-Oncology. Since 2014 is the editor of the medical education program of Actas Dermosifiliograficas, the official scientific journal of the Spanish Academy of Dermatology and Venereology.
Dra. Ángela Hermosa Gelbard
- Ángela Hermosa Gelbard
- Bachelor of Medicine and Specialty in Medical-Surgical Dermatology and Venereology. He is currently doing a Doctorate in Dermatology. He has studied the International Master in Trichology and hair transplant, the International V Master in Aesthetic Dermatology and the II Course of Expert in Clinical, Surgical and Oncology Dermatology
- He has attended more than 40 courses and conferences in Dermatology. He has participated in 5 research projects. He has published in 7 international scientific journals and in 3 national ones. He has also published in 17 non-indexed scientific journals of a formative nature. He has made more than 30 communications in congresses and national meetings.
- He obtained the Scholarship of Excellence for the Community of Madrid during university studies. Winner of the Dermatotuitero First Prize, 45 National Congress of Dermatology.
- Member of the Spanish Academy of Dermatology and Venereology. Member of the Spanish Group of Aesthetic and Therapeutic Dermatology (GEDET). Member of the Spanish Trichology Group (GET).
Dr. Guillermo Villalón
- Guillermo Villalon
- Head of the Aesthetic Facial Medicine Service at Asisa Care Centers since 2018.
- Co-director and professor of the Master's Degree in Advanced Aesthetic and Laser Techniques.
- Medical Director in Técnicas dermatológicas SL.
- Area Specialist at the Puerta de Hierro University Hospital in Madrid.
- Member of the Spanish Academy of Dermatology and Venereology.
- Blepharoplasty course (Manchester, European College of Aesthetic Medicine and Surgery). Master in Aesthetic Dermatology (University of Alcalá). Research Proficiency (University of Valencia, Department of Medicine). Diploma of Advanced Studies (University of Valencia, Department of Medicine). Doctorate courses (University of Valencia, Department of Medicine). Internal Medical Resident of Medical Surgical Dermatology and Venereology (University Hospital Clinic of Valencia).
- Bachelor of Medicine (Autonomous University of Madrid).
- 11 communications in congresses and 13 publications in journals.
Dra. Leyre Aguado Gil
- Leyre Aguado Gil
- Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery (University of Navarra).
- Specialist in medical-surgical Dermatology and Venereology (Clínica Universidad de Navarra).
- Research competence "Proangiogenic factors in patients with low-flow vascular malformations" (University of Navarra).
- Doctor in medicine. Doctoral thesis "Study of possible new therapeutic targets for the management of extensive vascular malformations" (University of Navarra). Extraordinary doctorate prize.
- Master in Biomedical Research. Specialization in Translational Research (University of Navarra).
- He has published in 20 articles in international journals, in 11 articles in national journals and in 4 books.
Dr. Manel Velasco
- Manel Velasco
- Bachelor of Medicine (Central University of Barcelona).Extraordinary degree award.
- Member of the Dermatology Service with consultant degree at the Hospital Arnau de Vilanova (Barcelona).
- Member of the Psoriasis group (AEDV).
Dr. Antonio Martorell
- Antonio Martorell
- Attached dermatologist at the Hospital de Manises (Valencia, Spain), directs a unit specialized in the management of autoinflammatory diseases and cutaneous manifestations of systemic diseases.
- Areas of interest: psoriasis and hidradenitis suppurativa.
- His scientific activity, with 117 published articles, 19 book chapters, 20 works recognition, 2 FIS grants, and 173 conferences, currently focuses on autoinflammatory pathology, imaging techniques mainly skin ultrasound, and the development of ICT solutions applied to the field of E-Health.
- Member and part of the scientific committee of the European Group of Hidradenitis Suppurativa, honorary partner of ASENDHI, and part of the group DERMUS, international group focused on the development of skin ultrasound. In the same way, he is part of the Editorial Board of Dermosifiliográficas Acts and reviewer of different journals, which include among others the Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology, Journal of the European Academy of Dermatology, and Dermatologic Surgery.
Dra. Mar Llamas
- Mar Llamas
- Staff member of the Department of Dermatology of the University Hospital of La Princesa, Autonomous University, Madrid, Spain.
- He participated in 15 clinical trials and in 2 FIS projects.
- Honorary Professor and Associate Professor of Health Sciences at the Autonomous University of Madrid.
- 120 works published in medical journals. 3 chapters in Dermatology and Dermatopathology textbooks. Co-author of a monograph issue of Dermatology in Medicine Journal. 135 oral presentations and posters as the first author in national and international meetings of Dermatology and Dermatopathology. 34 lectures as a guest speaker at national and international Dermatology meetings.
- Member of the "Spanish Academy of Dermatology and Venereology", "European Academy of Dermatology", "International Society of Dermatopathology" and "International Society of Dermoscopy". Member of the Working Group of Psoriasis and Skin Lymphoma of the Spanish Academy of Dermatology and Venereology. Member of the Editorial Board of: Actas dermo-sifiliográficas.
- Winner of 3 national awards in published articles and 16 awards in oral communications.
- Secretary of SC-AEDV from 2014 to 2018. Member of the board of SC-AEDV from 2010 to 2014 and from 2018 to the present.
Dr. Ramón Grimalt Santacana
- Ramón Grimalt Santacana
- Licensed in Medicine and Surgery, Specialist in Dermatology, Doctor in Medicine and Surgery. He has trained in the University of Barcelona (Spain), University of Illinois (USA) and Università degli Studi di Milano (Italy).
- Assistant Professor of Dermatology at the University of Barcelona, Associated Professor, Senior Lecturer and Coordinator Professor of Dermatology at the Universitat Internacional de Catalunya. He worked as an expert member of the Scientific Committee (SCCP) for consumer products at the European Community in Bruxelles.
- He has participated as an invited lecturer in more than 80 international congresses and in 60 national congresses. He has been chairman or chairman in 40 international congresses. He has presented his work in more than 100 international congresses and more than 90 national congress. He is peer reviewer of 10 scientific journals, he has been Associate editor of the medical journal "Medicina Cutánea Ibero Latina Americana", has organized 22 medical congresses and is a member of 18 scientific societies.
- Research lines: Cutaneous lymphoma, Cosmetics, Histiocytosis and Hair dysplasia.
- Fields of interest: Pediatric dermatology (Secretary General of the European Society of Pediatric Dermatology, president of the ESPD) and Trichology (member of the Board of the European Hair Research Society).
- 12 publications in books as author or co-author. 43 chapters in a book. Editor of 9 monographs. He has written 129 articles.
- He has obtained 10 scholarships and 3 prizes.
Dr. Oriol Corral Magaña
- Oriol Corral Magaña
- Studying the 4th year of residence in Dermatology and Venereology at the Hospital Universitari Son Espases (Palma). Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery.
- He has published 10 articles. He has participated in 29 oral communications and 17 posters. He has also collaborated on 6 books and other monographs and has collaborated in 1 study / clinical trial.
- He has collaborated with the pathological anatomy service in the training of students of the Faculty of Medicine and Surgery of the Balearic Islands (UIB).
- Responsible for the monographic consultation of Hidradenitis Suppurativa, under supervision of adjuncts of the Dermatology service. Responsible for the Unit of Intralional Photodynamic Therapy at the Hospital Universitari Son Espases, under the supervision of deputies of the dermatology service.
- External rotation in the Leon Care Complex in the Hydradenitis unit and Intralesional Photodynamic Therapy. External rotation in the Unity of Malalties autoimmune and ampullosis, Unitat de Porfiries and Unity of lymphomes of the Hospital Clínic de Barcelona.
- More than 30 courses and other training activities.